Greater Washington County Food Bank offers a fun, meaningful time for all volunteers, as well as a rewarding team-building experience for groups of any size.
Please complete the digital volunteer application prior to your first day of volunteering. This form needs to be completed only once and is not needed for subsequent volunteering days.
Schedule yourself for any of the scheduled volunteer opportunities at the different departments below. Once you have completed your digital volunteer application (Step 1), you can move forward with scheduling your day(s) and time(s) to volunteer. It’s easier than ever to become a Food Helper! If you have further questions, you can contact us at (724) 632-2190 x128.
- Volunteers are needed to help GWCFB pack food boxes, plus help sort health and beauty items and locally donated goods and more.
- Volunteers help distribute boxes at Truck to Trunk distributions around the county.
- We are looking for individuals to host cooking classes and educational seminars on a variety of topics.
- Volunteers are needed to help with the weekly collection of donated items.
- Volunteers are needed to hang and organize clothing and linens, organize and shelve new merchandise from local retailers and perform various light cleaning duties.
- Volunteers are needed to mow and weed, weekly.
- Volunteers are needed for hydroponic collection & nutrient change, weekly.
- Voluntters help plant and havest.
- Special projects are updated weekly and announced on Facebook Live every Friday